The Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV) in Louisiana suffered a MOVEit data breach. MOVEit is a third party data transfer service used to send large files.
There is no indication at this time that cybercriminals who breached MOVEit have sold, used, shared or released the OMV data obtained from the MOVEit attack. The Louisiana OMV recommends that all Louisianans should take immediate steps to safeguard their identity.
The OMV believes that all Louisianans with a state-issued driver’s license, ID or car registration have likely had the following data exposed:
- Social Security Number
- Eye Color
- Driver’s License Number
- Vehicle Registration Information
- Handicap Placard Information
The OMV recommend all Louisianans take the following steps immediately:
- Prevent unauthorized new account openings or loans and monitor credit
- Change all passwords
- Protect tax refund and returns with the internal revenue service
- Check social security benefits
- Report suspected identity theft